Three San Bernardino County-based faculties had been amongst 297, together with 29 faculties in California, that had been acknowledged as Nationwide Blue Ribbon Faculties.
The colleges acknowledged embody Grapeland Elementary and John L. Golden elementary faculties within the Etiwanda Elementary College District. Additionally, Richardson Prep Center College within the San Bernardino Metropolis Unified College District.
U.S. Secretary of Training Miguel Cardona acknowledged the 2022 winners that drew recognition based mostly on a faculty’s general educational efficiency or progress in closing achievement gaps amongst scholar subgroups.
Secretary Cardona made the announcement on Friday throughout his Street to Success Again to College bus tour.
The opposite California faculties named as Nationwide Blue Ribbon Faculties had been:
- Arcadia – Foothills Center College, Arcadia Unified College District.
- Belmont – Ralston Intermediate College, Belmont-Redwood Shores Elementary College District.
- Burlingame – Burlingame Intermediate College, Burlingame Elementary College District.
- Cerritos – Carmenita Center College, ABC Unified College District.
- Cerritos – Wittmann (Helen) Elementary College, ABC Unified College District.
- Clovis – Woods (Harold L.) Elementary College, Clovis Unified College District.
- Diamond Bar – Diamond Bar Excessive College, Walnut Valley Unified College District.
- Dublin – Eleanor Murray Fallon College, Dublin Unified College District.
- Dublin – Harold William Kolb College, Dublin Unified College District.
- Fresno – Granite Ridge Intermediate College, Clovis Unified College District.
- Irvine – Woodbridge Excessive College, Irvine Unified College District.
- La Mesa – Helix Excessive College, Grossmont Union Excessive College District.
- Lengthy Seaside – Newcomb Academy, Lengthy Seaside Unified College District.
- Orinda – Orinda Intermediate College, Orinda Union College District.
- Pleasanton – Thomas S. Hart Center College, Pleasanton Unified College District.
- Rolling Hills Estates – Palos Verdes Peninsula Excessive College, Palos Verdes Peninsula Unified College District.
- San Diego – Westview Excessive College, Poway Unified College District.
- San Dimas – Arma J. Shull Elementary College, Bonita Unified College District.
- San Francisco – Lawton Various College, San Francisco Unified College District.
- San Ramon – Coyote Creek Elementary College, San Ramon Valley Unified College District.
- San Ramon – Gale Ranch Center College, San Ramon Valley Unified College District.
- San Ramon – Iron Horse Center College, San Ramon Valley Unified College District.
- San Ramon – Windemere Ranch Center College, San Ramon Valley Unified College District.
- South Pasadena – South Pasadena Center College, South Pasadena Unified College District.
- Valley Village – Colfax Constitution Elementary College, Los Angeles Unified College District.
- Van Nuys – Kester Avenue Elementary College, Los Angeles Unified College District.
“I applaud all of the honorees for the 2022 Nationwide Blue Ribbon Faculties Award for creating vibrant, welcoming, and affirming college communities the place college students can be taught, develop, attain their potential, and obtain their goals,” stated Secretary Cardona. “As our nation continues to get better from the pandemic, we all know that our future will solely be as robust because the training we offer to all of our kids. Blue Ribbon Faculties have gone above and past to maintain college students wholesome and protected whereas assembly their educational, social, emotional, and psychological well being wants. These faculties present what is feasible to make a permanent, constructive distinction in college students’ lives.”
With its thirty ninth cohort, the Nationwide Blue Ribbon Faculties Program has given out roughly 10,000 awards to greater than 9,000 faculties.
The Nationwide Blue Ribbon College award affirms and validates the onerous work of scholars, educators, households, and communities in striving for – and attaining – exemplary achievement.
Blue Ribbon Faculties function fashions of efficient college practices for state and district educators and different faculties all through the nation.
A Nationwide Blue Ribbon College flag gracing a faculty’s entryway or on a flagpole is a well known image of exemplary educating and studying.
The division acknowledges all faculties in one among two efficiency classes, based mostly on all scholar scores, subgroup scholar scores and commencement charges:
- Exemplary Excessive-Performing Faculties are amongst their state’s highest performing faculties as measured by state assessments or nationally normed assessments.
- Exemplary Achievement Hole-Closing Faculties are amongst their state’s highest performing faculties in closing achievement gaps between a faculty’s scholar teams and all college students.
As much as 420 faculties could also be nominated annually. The division invitations nominations for the Nationwide Blue Ribbon Faculties award from the highest training officers in all states, the District of Columbia, U.S. territories, the Division of Protection Training Exercise, and the Bureau of Indian Training. Non-public faculties are nominated by the Council for American Non-public Training.
Day by day Press reporter Rene Ray De La Cruz could also be reached at 760-951-6227 or [email protected] Observe him on Twitter @DP_ReneDeLaCruz